First published in 1828, Webster’s College Dictionary is a dictionary of American English. It is based on the dictionary of Noah Webster, who was the first American lexicographer. The College Dictionary is the largest and most comprehensive dictionary of American English.
This article is all about helping you get to know the Webster’s College Dictionary for PC better and install it on your PC. Here are the technical specifications you want to know about beforehand:
- How To Install & Download Webster’s College Dictionary For PC Windows 10/8/7
- Webster’s College Dictionary Andorid App Summary
- Features of Webster’s College Dictionary for PC
- Webster’s College Dictionary App Overview and Details
- Whats New In this Webster’s College Dictionary?
- Recent Webster’s College Dictionary Reviews
How To Install & Download Webster’s College Dictionary For PC Windows 10/8/7
To install the Webster’s College Dictionary on your computer, you need to install the NOX payer first. To do that, as well as install the Webster’s College Dictionary, follow the easy guide below from start to finish:
- First, start by downloading the NOX player. It should store in your download folder in your computer.
- Locate the installer, double click on it, and let it install on your PC. It will take a few minutes to complete the installation.
- Once installed, you’ll have the option to start the emulator. Go ahead and start the emulator. It will set up the environment for the first time.
- Now, open the Play store app (It’s on the top header, or you can search for it) and it will ask you to log in. Log into your Google account.
- Search for the Webster’s College Dictionary app on the Play store app and the app will show up in the first position. Click and start installing the app on your computer.
Webster’s College Dictionary Andorid App Summary
Under the Books & Reference category on Google Play store, Webster’s College Dictionary has over 808913 of downloads reflecting the number of users they have. MobiSystems has developed the Webster’s College Dictionary and has improved a lot to this day with the latest version, 11.10.789.
Until this latest version, Webster’s College Dictionary has successfully been able to acquire a good user rating of 4.2. This latest version was last updated on Jun 14, 2021 which you can check in the technical specification section below.
The only bummer here is you can not just download and install it on your computer without using an Android emulator. However, you can definitely install it on your computer by using one of the most popular emulators: NOX player, BlueStacks, or Memu Emulator.
These tools will help you install and use the Webster’s College Dictionary on your computer without having to use your Phone. To do so, you need to follow the guides we’re about to discuss in this article.
|App Name:||Webster’s College Dictionary On Your PC|
|Supporting OS:||Windows,7,8,10 & Mac (32 Bit, 64 Bit)|
|Category:||Books & Reference|
|Updated on:||Jun 14, 2021|
|Get it On:|
Features of Webster’s College Dictionary for PC
words and phrases
• An automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ (‘*’ or ‘?’) to replace a letter or entire parts of a word
• Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results in seconds
• Voice search allows you to look up a word without having to spell it
• Search history to easily review looked-up words
1. Over 160,000 entries with abundant synonym notes, full-page tables and charts, and authoritative guidance on usage and style points
2. 800 illustrations, biographical photographs and maps
3. 12,000 specially identified Americanisms
4. 4,700 terms from the areas of arts and sports, science and medicine, computers and the Internet, food, business, politics, and law
5. Thousands of well-revised examples of current word usage
6. Translate words in any other Android app with the Tap to Translate feature, and do it in style with any of the four colorful themes
7. Advanced word definitions, complimented with abundant synonym notes, full-page tables and charts, drawings and authoritative guidance on usage and style points, all well-organized in a clear and accessible defining style
8. Selected by leading newspapers as their official dictionary of choice
9. A favorite of
Webster’s College Dictionary App Overview and Details
Webster’s New World College Dictionary combines the most up-to-date information about our language and our world to present a completely revised, updated, and expanded reference. Millions of users worldwide value this unique combination of features, found in no other dictionary:
• Clear, readable definitions that provide instant understanding
• More than 160,000 entries with abundant synonym notes, full-page tables and charts, and authoritative guidance on usage and style points
• Over 800 illustrations, biographical photographs and maps
• 12,000 specially identified Americanisms
• 4,700 terms from the areas of arts and sports, science and medicine, computers and the Internet, food, business, politics, and law
• Thousands of well-revised examples of current word usage
• Translate words in any other Android app with the Tap to Translate feature, and do it in style with any of the four colorful themes
This dictionary features advanced word definitions, complimented with abundant synonym notes, full-page tables and charts, drawings and authoritative guidance on usage and style points, all well-organized in a clear and accessible defining style.
Webster’s New World College Dictionary is selected by leading newspapers as their official dictionary of choice. It is a favorite of newsrooms and copy editors nationwide and it is the official dictionary of The Associated Press Stylebook.
Also, it includes advanced search and language tools that have become the staple of quality language apps from MobiSystems, Inc.
SEARCH TOOLS – effortlessly find words thanks to a clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface
Designed to provide the most comprehensive search experience the dictionary combines several search tools to match or suggest what you are looking for, including:
• Search autocomplete helps find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type
• Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases
• An automatic Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ (‘*’ or ‘?’) to replace a letter or entire parts of a word
• Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results
• Voice search function
• Tap to Translate entries in other apps
• Share word definitions via installed apps on your device
LEARNING TOOLS – engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary
• The ‘Favorites’ are designed to give you the freedom to structure your studies the way you see fit by creating custom folders with lists of words from the vast library of entries
• Organize your favorite words quickly with the new Multiple Selection feature
• Check the ‘Recent’ list to easily review looked-up words
• Learn a new word every day with our ‘Word of the day’ option
• Home screen widget provides random words at a glance
• Split screen support allows you to use the dictionary together with other apps
Get a LIFETIME LICENSE:
• Permanently unlock unlimited dictionary use
• Offline mode – look up words without an internet connection
• Enjoy the full access 100% ad-free
Whats New In this Webster’s College Dictionary?
• Access to the latest Webster’s word database from 2021
• Fully optimized support for Android 11
• New “Multiple selection” feature in Favorites
• Bug fixes and performance improvements
The Webster’s College Dictionary application is a great tool for students and professionals alike. It is packed with features that make it an invaluable resource for anyone who needs to reference the English language. The dictionary is easy to use and provides accurate definitions for even the most obscure words. It is also constantly updated with new words and phrases, making it an essential tool for anyone who needs to stay up-to-date on the latest language trends.
Before we complete the guide, do you have more questions regarding the emulator above or the Webster’s College Dictionary of any kind? Don’t feel grounded, just let us know, and we’ll help you resolve it.
Recent Webster’s College Dictionary Reviews
If you’re just needing this college dictionary for a couple of weeks it’s good. The ads can be annoying, but you just get used to exiting out of them and doing the definition of the word. Hands down the annoying part is that after a month you have to pay to use this app and I’m in college. I don’t have money to spend on a college dictionary. That’s why I downloaded this app in the first place and now you have to pay for it.
Can’t say much about how good this is as a dictionarybecause the publisher doesn’t bother to tell us that this isn’t really free but rather a one-month trial…& even if not used during that month. Pretty sleazy, especially considering that it’s already got ads. But any publisher that’s simply does not tell you that what you’re downloading isn’t really free but just a trial just isn’t honest enough to deserve any stars.
I bought this book believing that I would be able to use it in a way that is convenient for. To use it offline, I have to install it on my device, not on my SD card. The excuse for crippling this app in this way is copyright issues and licensing. Now, if I buy a paper book, I can put it in any room in my house that I want to, scan pages, photocopy it, loan it to others, and use it in many other ways–because I bought the book. Not so here. I only have a license, not ownership. NOT RECOMMENDED.
I bought this app previously, now it’s telling me I have to buy it again on my new phone, that my “trial is over”. The app on my old phone still works, but it has no cloud account to remember my favorites or history. I have to return my old phone for a trade in, so I will lose access and I’m not paying again. Scam!
I turn to this dictionary when reading the challenging non-f iction which I always have at hand. I especially count on it’s word histories, the Etymologies. I always have at least one book on hand that challenges me. ( Retired Teacher,who is past eighty.)
It’s nice to know I’ll have a dictionary at my fingertips just in case I need it. One problem: I paid for this on September 3rd; I keep getting messages saying my trial date is over and I need to pay up. I have already paid up!
To many advertisements thats not really reliable. I wish advertisements won’t pop ups every clicks i do in this app. Like literally they just pop’s up every time. I hate it. Advertisements sucks if its to much. ☹
I have paid for premium yesterday. Still ads are apperaring and also asking to go for premium. I have never encountered this experience with any app. It’s very pathetic. Pls fix this immediately to get 5 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟. Awaiting for your reply…
I wish I could give this ZERO STARS, as I did not know using this free only lasted a month. At least with other dictionary apps, I can still use them without having to pay. Even if I have to deal with ads. Big letdown here. Smfh
Not so good as my earlier Websters, but adaquate. Be nice to get rid of the word games just to get to the dictionary. No setting for that, insufficient settings to begin with.
We refer the ownership of This Webster’s College Dictionary to its creator/developer. We don’t own or affiliate for Webster’s College Dictionary and/or any part of it, including its trademarks, images, and other elements.
Here at geekoversity, we also don’t use our own server to download the Webster’s College Dictionary. We refer to the official server, store, or website to help our visitors to download the Webster’s College Dictionary.
If you have any query about the app or about geekoversity, we’re here to help you out. Just head over to our contact page and talk your heart to us. We’ll get back to you ASAP.