There’s something about the Roland RD-4 Groovebox that just makes you want to keep playing. It could be the intuitive layout, the 64-voice polyphony, or the 12 drum pads that make it easy to create beats. But whatever it is, the RD-4 Groovebox is a fun and addictive instrument that will keep you coming back for more.
Before we get to know the steps to download and install the RD4 Groovebox For PC for PC, let’s discuss its technical specifications:
RD4 Groovebox App Overview and Details
RD4 Groovebox App Overview and Details
Turn your phone or tablet into a musical instrument! RD4 – Groovebox is a music making app with virtual analog synthesizers, drum machines and effects.
Compose and arrange your music in real-time. Choose instruments individually for the 4 channels. Record live or set notes with the dedicated sequencer or piano roll of each instrument.
“This is no desktop app crammed onto a touchscreen. It seems the interface has been designed around your fingertips.” Peter Kirn from CDM (createdigitalmusic.com)
This multi-touch enabled app makes it simple to invent unique loops and musical phrases. Manipulate the sound of the synthesizers by tweaking the oscillators, resonant filters and audio envelopes. Add audio effects like reverb, distortion, phaser, filter and delay to your sounds.
Appropriate both for experienced musicians and beginners.
Loops you’ve created and exported with RD4 can also be automatically integrated into mikrosonic’s audio mixer app SPC – Music Sketchpad.
– 4 channel rack mixer
– Instrument selection for each channel
– Volume control with level meter per channel
– Direct audio effect channel assignment
– Tempo control with tap tempo
– Channel mute and solo
– 2 banks with up two 8 bars per instrument
– Adjustable play modes from 1 to 8 bars and random modes
– Song Mode with a length of up to 99 bars
Choose between two virtual analog synthesizers and the drum machine for each channel:
– Modeled after legendary monophonic synths of the ’70s
– For fat sounding bass and powerful lead sounds
– 3 oscillators with 6 different waveforms
– Each oscillator can be tuned precisely and has a warmth control for the typical analog sound
– Attack, Decay, Sustain and Release envelope generator
– Pitch wheel
– Low-pass filter (24dB/oct, 4-pole) with knobs for cutoff, resonance and an ADSR envelope generator
– Recording of played notes in real-time (depending on devices capabilities)
– Piano roll for editing recorded notes comfortably
– Or compose by drawing notes directly with the piano roll in 1/16 or 1/32 resolution
– Piano roll editing features: Transpose Pattern, Shift Sequence and Quantize Pattern
– Reminiscent of the legendary 303 synthesizer
– Create bubbling basslines and screaming lead sounds
– Successor of the famous synthesizer Rubberduck from d-lusion
– High-quality low-pass filter with resonance, cut-off, and envelope controls
– Oscillator with 4 types of waveforms
– Real-time step sequencer with accent and slide
– Program beats with 10 classic drum kits: 808, 909, 606, CR-78, Linn, KR55, RX11, RZ1, DMX, DPM48
– Booming kick drums, snappy snares and throbbing percussions
– 8 channels per drum kit
– Punch control for volume and envelope adjustments
– Accent programmable for each drum channel
– Free assignable effects for each drum sound
– Channel mute, Closed Hi Hat can mute the Open Hi Hat
– Real-time pattern based step sequencer
– 5 effects: Reverb, distortion, filter, phaser and delay
– Real-time controllable
– X/Y control field for each effect
– 4 effect sends
– Chaining of 2 effects
– Customized layouts for phones, 7 and 10-inch tablets
– Special additional rack view in portrait mode for 10-inch tablets
– Support for the Novation Launchkey Mini keyboard/controller
– USB MIDI support, connects external MIDI keyboards and controllers
– External MIDI clock sync support
– Automatic MIDI input focus when switching Instruments
– Multi-touch control
– Live session recording
– Audio loop export feature
– SoundCloud Sharing Kit integration
– OpenSL support for low latency*
* Please note that for recording in real-time with the Analog synthesizer you will need a low latency Android device with at least Android 4.2. Read more about audio latency on our FAQ: http://www.mikrosonic.com/faq
More details at: http://www.mikrosonic.com/rd4
Download & Install RD4 Groovebox For PC: Windows 10/8/7
To install the RD4 Groovebox on your Windows computer, you will need to install an Android emulator first. Let’s see how to get this done in a few minutes:
- The first thing you’ll do is download the Memu emulator on your computer. You will find it in your Downloads folder.
- Installing it may take longer if your PC has less power. A powerful PC makes the installation faster. Just double click on the file and accept the installation.
- Decline the additional app installations, click on finish, and the Memu emulator will launch on your computer.
- Play store is pre-installed in Memu, and you’ll see it right after the installation is done. Open it up by double clicking.
- Log into your Play store account with email and password, then search for the RD4 Groovebox on the search bar.
- From the search results, click on your desired RD4 Groovebox result and click on the install button to start the download process.
- Now, wait a while and the RD4 Groovebox will be installed on your PC and emulator with a shortcut button to both.
- Run the RD4 Groovebox with the shortcut icon. Congratulations, you’ve successfully installed and ran the RD4 Groovebox on your PC.
|App Name:||RD4 Groovebox On Your PC|
|Updated on:||Dec 14, 2018|
|Supporting OS:||Windows,7,8,10 & Mac (32 Bit, 64 Bit)|
|Category:||Music & Audio|
|Get it On:|
RD4 Groovebox Andorid App Summary
mikrosonic is the developer of this RD4 Groovebox application. It is listed under the Music & Audio category in the Play Store. There are currently more than 24533+ users of this app. The RD4 Groovebox app rating is currently 2.4.0.
It was last updated on Dec 14, 2018. Since the app cannot be used directly on PC, you must use any Android emulator such as BlueStacks Emulator, Memu Emulator, Nox Player Emulator, etc. We have discussed how to run this app on your PC, mac, or Windows with this emulator in this article.
Features of RD4 Groovebox for PC
Unlimited number of notes
– 2 modulation slots per oscillator with various types of modulation such as sine, sawtooth, triangle, square, random, noise, glide and envelope
– Sync and ring modulator
– Auto-panning with adjustable speed
– ‘Stereo Widening’ control for an extra wide sound image
– Velocity and aftertouch control
– Keyboard splitting
– Integrated effects: reverb, distortion, phaser, filter and delay
– Live mode with 6 user assignable effects slots
– Effects can be chained
– X/Y control field for quick and easy sound manipulation
– Preset manager with export and import functions
– Comprehensive help file
Whats New In this RD4 Groovebox?
– updated to support lastest Android version
– added new demo tracks
– new drum kit ‘Minimal’ for driving minimal beats
– fix for ‘export loop’ sometimes writing broken .WAV file
– support for Pro Audio low latency feature
RD4 Groovebox is an excellent music production app for creating beats and rhythms on the go. The app is easy to use and has a wide range of features that allow users to create professional-sounding tracks. I highly recommend RD4 Groovebox for anyone looking to produce beats and rhythms on their mobile device.
This concludes our article on RD4 Groovebox Download for PC. Please let us know if you have any questions or have issues installing Emulators or RD4 Groovebox for Windows. Glad to help you out!
We refer the ownership of This RD4 Groovebox to its creator/developer. We don’t own or affiliate for RD4 Groovebox and/or any part of it, including its trademarks, images, and other elements.
Here at geekoversity, we also don’t use our own server to download the RD4 Groovebox. We refer to the official server, store, or website to help our visitors to download the RD4 Groovebox.
If you have any query about the app or about geekoversity, we’re here to help you out. Just head over to our contact page and talk your heart to us. We’ll get back to you ASAP.