Alquerque is a strategy board game that has been around for centuries. It is thought to have originated in Arabic countries, and its name may come from the Arabic word for “chess”. The game is played on a board with a grid of squares, and each player has five pieces that they use to try to capture the other player’s pieces. Alquerque is a simple but challenging game that can be enjoyed by people of all ages.
The latest Alquerque for PC has come up with a few updates that are better than the previous version. Want to know those? Here are they:
Alquerque Andorid App Summary
BANJEN Software has developed the Alquerque for Android. You can find it under the Puzzle category on Play Store. Since its inception, Alquerque has got over 12321+ users on board. For the user rating, it is currently holding a 3.0 rating and the latest version of it is 1.1
The latest update of Alquerque is Nov 15, 2017 for phones. You can’t use it on your PC directly. So, you have to use an Android emulator like BlueStacks Emulator, Memu Emulator, Nox Player Emulator, etc.
No worries, we will discuss the methods to run it on your computer using the emulators whether you use a PC or Mac. Follow the methods we’ve discussed below.
Alquerque App Overview and Details
Alquerque (also known as Qirkat) is a strategy board game that is thought to have originated in the Middle East. It is considered to be the parent of draughts (US, South Africa: checkers) and Fanorona.
Before starting, each player places their twelve pieces in the two rows closest to them and in the two rightmost spaces in the center row. The game is played in turns, with one player taking white and the other black.
A piece can move from its point to any adjacent point as long as that point is empty.
A piece can jump over an opposing piece and remove it from the game, if that opposing piece is adjacent and the point beyond it is empty.
Multiple capturing jumps are permitted, and indeed compulsory if possible.
If a capture is possible it must be made, or else the piece is removed (or huffed).
The goal of the game is to eliminate the opponent’s pieces.
Features of Alquerque for PC
1. Alquerque is a strategy board game that originated in the Middle East.
2. Alquerque is the parent game of draughts (US, South Africa: checkers) and Fanorona.
3. Alquerque is played on a board with 12 pieces per player.
4. A piece can move from its point to any adjacent point as long as that point is empty.
5. A piece can jump over an opposing piece and remove it from the game, if that opposing piece is adjacent and the point beyond it is empty.
6. Multiple capturing jumps are permitted, and indeed compulsory if possible.
7. If a capture is possible it must be made, or else the piece is removed (or huffed).
8. The goal of the game is to eliminate the opponent’s pieces.
9. Alquerque can be played with two players, with one player taking white and the other black.
10. Alquerque is thought to be one of the oldest strategy board games in existence.
Install “Alquerque” on PC: Windows 10/8/7 & Mac
If you want to run the Alquerque on your PC, you’ll need the Memu android emulator. Here is the process of installing both on your PC:
- Download the Memu android emulator on your computer and install it. It will take a few minutes from start to finish.
- While finishing, keep the Open when finished checked and other additional offers unchecked.
- Once installed and opened, you’ll see a familiar interface with familiar apps on the screen, including Play store.
- Click on the Play store and log into your account using your google email and password that you use on your phone.
- You can now search for the Alquerque app within Play store. It will show you the app on the search results in the first position.
- Click on the app name and then click install to begin the download process on your computer to install Alquerque.
- It may take a few minutes for the entire process. Once complete, you can now open the app from your desktop or the emulator homepage.
|App Name:||Alquerque On Your PC|
|Devoloper Name:||BANJEN Software|
|Supporting OS:||Windows,7,8,10 & Mac (32 Bit, 64 Bit)|
|Updated on:||Nov 15, 2017|
|Get it On:|
Whats New In this Alquerque?
Updated ads positions
The Alquerque application is a great tool for learning and practicing the game of Alquerque. It is user-friendly and provides a helpful tutorial to get users started. The app also allows users to play against each other in online multiplayer matches, which is a great way to practice the game. Overall, the Alquerque application is a great tool for learning and practicing the game of Alquerque.
So, did you find the guide on how to download the Alquerque for PC above? If you did, or if you have any questions regarding it, do comment and let us know. We’re here to help.
Recent Alquerque Reviews
The graphics are good but apart from that, there’s no option for two players, or to pick between which colour you want to play, when the number of pieces gets low the computer dances around away from you forcing you to make the move meaning you’ll most likely get your piece taken, and there’s no draw for when there’s one piece left and neither is going near the other
I enjoy this game and find it a challenge. The graphics are comfortable and very easy on the eye. Thank you for making this historically important game available. Nice work.
No difficulty levels. Computer does not announce a draw with repeated position movements and two checkers left as is the case with all draughts variants
Please could you include a undo feature and a two player feature.
There is no option for backward move 😒😒
2 players option?
Worst game ever made this game is impossible to complete there is only
single player and you will always have first turn and you will lose every
This game sucks!! The player is always going first against the computer, and the computer sucks ass, there is no options for two players. The ads are ridiculous, non stop pops ups so u have to play offline, and it would be nice to play against other people online. Also, peices are not supposed to be able to backwards or back and forth in the same spot.
A piece cannot go back to its previous space
Can not play the game with all those ad pop up
We refer the ownership of This Alquerque to its creator/developer. We don’t own or affiliate for Alquerque and/or any part of it, including its trademarks, images, and other elements.
Here at geekoversity, we also don’t use our own server to download the Alquerque. We refer to the official server, store, or website to help our visitors to download the Alquerque.
If you have any query about the app or about geekoversity, we’re here to help you out. Just head over to our contact page and talk your heart to us. We’ll get back to you ASAP.